The Head Coach is responsible for compliance with NCAA, Conference and University of Massachusetts Boston rules and regulations. The Head Coach along with his/her assistant(s) may be required, upon a successful Registry of Motor Vehicles background check, to drive passenger vans for team travel. Participation is required in University and UMass Boston Athletic Department sponsored events such as Open House and the annual golf tournament.
Examples of Duties:
- Train varsity women’s ice hockey team for intercollegiate competition at a competitive level both within the conference and nationally;
- Develop and implement annual, seasonal, monthly, weekly, and daily plans for practice and player development;
- Develop and implement successful game plan;
- Maintain and increase knowledge of ice hockey training and coaching techniques;
- Supervise the training, development, and work of all staff personnel;
- Schedule facilities as needed with the Assistant Athletic Director for Facilities;
- Provide an opportunity for annual evaluations with student-athletes.
- Head coaching experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, develop and coach student-athletes at the scholastic or collegiate level is preferred.
- Previous playing experience preferred, along with an understanding of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and the New England Hockey Conference bylaws, rules, and regulations preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in managing fundraising activities preferred.