Suffolk University is pleased to announce a career opportunity as Head Women’s Hockey Coach. This position is responsible for overseeing all duties associated with running a competitive Division III women’s ice hockey program. Additional responsibilities within the Athletic Department and Division of Student Affairs will include but are not limited to: game management as assigned and hiring & management of student workers. This is a 12 month full-time position.
- Provide vision and leadership in the development of a competitive Division III ice hockey program.
- Create and sustain an atmosphere that promotes academic and personal growth of student-athletes.
- Compliance with NCAA rules and Division III philosophy when performing job responsibilities.
- Development of a successful comprehensive recruiting plan with focus on recruitment and retention of qualified student athletes. Meet goals for student visits, applications, deposits and program enrollment.
- Oversee all administrative aspects of the program including team travel scheduling of games and practices, budget management and travel arrangements.
- Identify, recruit and supervise assistant coaches.
- Engage in community outreach and alumni engagement initiatives. Participate in fundraising initiatives for the Athletic Department and the men's hockey program.
- Hire, train and oversee student workers. Provide game management coverage of home athletic contests as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5 years of successful ice hockey college coaching experience. Head Coaching experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of NCAA regulations.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and computer skills.
- This position requires afternoon, night, weekend hours combined with business hours and some moderate travel.