Serve as Head Women's Ice Hockey Coach develop the foundation for an American Collegiate Hockey Association (ACHA) Division 1 team! Purdue Northwest will begin competition in the sport of Women’s Ice Hockey in the 2024-25 academic year. This position reports to the Director of Athletics. Plan, organize, recruit and develop the Women's Ice Hockey programs.
- Coach the Womens Ice Hockey Divsion I team in game competition in the ACHA. Direct daily practice during the prescribed season.
- Oversee hockey program, responsible for the development of the ACHA Division 1 teams.
- Supervise Assistant Coaches.
- Recruit prospective student-athletes.
- Lead team travel.
- Construct competition schedule with approval of the Director of Athletics
- Assist with academic monitoring of student-athletes.
- Assist the Director of Athletics with public relations and fundraising activities.
- Must have strong team building/management skills.
- Ability to work across academic and administrative departments in a cooperative manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate collaborative efforts.
- Demonstrated experience in program development, management, and leadership.
- Ability to interact with members of the public and media.
- Ability to supervise regular and temporary staff.
- Understanding of the student-athletes' commitment to academics.