The Head Coach is responsible for, but not limited to, the development, leadership and administration of the women’s ice hockey program. This includes recruiting qualified student-athletes for a competitive team within the New England Hockey Conference, practice organization and supervision, staff hiring/development, game scheduling, budget oversight, student-athlete development, academic monitoring, coordinating fundraising and community service events, and positive alumnae relations.
Examples of Duties:
- Adhere and assist in the development of the women’s ice hockey budget;
- Adhere to departmental procedures relative to purchasing and travel expenditures;
- Assist with the coordination of team travel and logistics, including vehicles, lodging, and meals;
- Responsible for practice and game preparation to prepare and develop strategies and skill development;
- Ensure that all practices are conducted in a professional manner according to UMass Boston and NCAA time requirements;
- Work with the sports medicine and sport performance staff to support the physical and mental needs of the student-athletes;
- Responsible for creating a competitive NCAA approved schedule that falls within the financial boundaries of the athletic department.
- Head coaching experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, develop and coach student-athletes at the scholastic or collegiate level is preferred.
- Previous playing experience preferred, along with an understanding of the NCAA and the Little East Conference (LEC) or New England Hockey Conference bylaws, rules, and regulations preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in managing fundraising activities preferred.