The incumbent functions as Head Coach for Women's Lacrosse in the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, the University of the District of Columbia and as such is responsible for planning and administering all aspects of a successful NCAA Division II Women's Lacrosse program.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops the plan of operation for the Women's Lacrosse program as well as coordinates the activities of the program consistent with University policy and the NCAA Constitution and Bylaws.
- Supervises and provides leadership to all staff and student athletes.
- Works with the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics and his/her designee to develop, implement and manage the budget for the program. Prepares and finalizes travel arrangements for the program within departmental policies and guidelines.
- Maintains close communication with the Sports Information Office to ensure positive public relations with the university and the community.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 3-4 years demonstrated successful coaching intercollegiate experience.
The District of Columbia Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, matriculation, physical handicap, or political affiliation.