Responsible for the administration of a University athletic program including the recruitment of student athletes, team scheduling and programming, public relations, academic support, and the retention of student athletes. Supervises assistant and student coaches. Extensive travel is required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Lead the recruiting process of prospective student athletes for a specific team.
- Assist them with required information for admission to the school.
- Provide continuing conversations and contacts to prospective student/athletes.
- Guide them through the enrollment process.
- Coordinate the process for signing each athletes letter of intent once they commit to OU.
- Recruit student athletes that are a good fit with the University as well as to the athletic team.
- Meet enrollment targets including the retention of student athletes.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field required.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- Qualified candidates must have significant and successful coaching experience, preferably at the collegiate level with head coaching experience highly preferred.
- Requires a person with a strong commitment to academic and athletic excellence, and a dedication to instilling the Champions of Character values into their coaching style and expectations of players.