Juniata College invites applications for the position of Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach. Juniata is a co-educational, liberal arts college, highly regarded for its academic excellence, with an enrollment of 1,600 students. Juniata is a founding member of the highly regarded Landmark Conference, which is committed to conducting intercollegiate athletics programs in a way that recognizes, as paramount, the centrality of the academic mission at each member institution.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide vision and build a positive team culture committed to the welfare of our student-athletes, a positive representation of the college, academic excellence, citizenship, and competitive success.
- Practice organization, planning, scheduling, preparation, and execution.
- Develop and implement specific training and skill development programs.
- Prepare the team for competitions including; scouting reports, meetings, and instruction.
- Develop and implement appropriate in-competition coaching techniques and strategies.
- Recruit and retain qualified student-athletes.
- Develop and meet recruiting goals in consultation with the Director of Athletics.
- Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of NCAA rules, regulations, and the Division III philosophy.
- Three to five years of collegiate coaching &/or playing experience.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, strategize, recruit, lead, manage, represent, and oversee a nationally competitive athletic program.