The University of Indianapolis is seeking applications for a Head Women's Lacrosse Coach. This is a full-time, exempt position. The head coach will report to the Vice President for Athletics (or designee) and conduct the sports program within the rules and guidelines established by the University of Indianapolis, the NCAA, and the respective conference.
- Directly responsible for ensuring team and individual compliance to training rules and operating policies which govern their intercollegiate sport program.
- Responsible for educating others and supporting the NCAA Division II Strategic Plan.
- Responsible to provide input and work cooperatively with the V.P. for Athletics/or designee in budgeting, requisitioning, accounting for and storing of all athletic equipment and supplies needed and used in the sport programs.
- Maintain compliance of all University of Indianapolis, NCAA DII, and GLVC policy and procedures.
- Directly responsible for their own personal conduct and for that of their staff according to the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of the University, NCAA and Conference regulations governing intercollegiate athletics, and department operating procedures established by the athletics administration.
- Responsible for adhering to all medical decisions and placing the student-athlete's health and welfare above winning.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 4+ years' experience and previous collegiate women's lacrosse coaching experience.
- This position requires a valid driver's license and a clean or acceptable driving record.
- Must be knowledgeable of NCAA and have the ability to pass any NCAA required program for recruiting off-campus.
- A commitment to the philosophy of NCAA Division II level intercollegiate athletics and a dedication to the philosophy and the policies of the University of Indianapolis, the department of athletics and the NCAA.