The Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach at Upper Iowa University reports to the Associate AD for Student Athlete Services/SWA and is responsible for planning, directing, and evaluating all aspects and facets of a successful Lacrosse program on the NCAA Division II level.
- Serve as a leader, mentor, and role model to the student-athletes of the Lacrosse program.
- Identify, evaluate, and recruit highly skilled and academically qualified student-athletes.
- Monitor academic progress and eligibility status of team members and implementing action plans and counseling as necessary and in consultation with the Department Senior Staff.
- Effectively analyze and teach the fundamental skills and strategies of lacrosse.
- Plan, organize, conduct, and evaluate practice sessions.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate game plans, strategies, and in-game adjustments.
- Prepare in coordination with the Assistant Director of Athletics the team competitive game schedule.
- Counsel and mentor team members in disciplinary, conduct, and personal matters.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in coaching or playing at the collegiate or professional level.
- Strong commitment to the concept of a student-centered, positive student-athlete Experience.
- Knowledge of the game of women’s intercollegiate lacrosse including techniques, strategies, and rules.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules.
Upper Iowa University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.