The Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach will be responsible for the conduct and overall supervision of the women’s lacrosse program. The position’s main responsibility will be to recruit; develop and retain student-athletes; coach and develop a highly competitive Division III women’s lacrosse program in compliance with NCAA, Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference and Earlham College rules and regulations.
- Develop annual overall recruitment strategy and generate weekly/monthly recruiting reports.
- Meet or exceed annual recruitment goals established in collaboration with the Director of Athletics annually.
- Maintain or exceed optimal roster size annually.
- Build relationships with prospective student-athletes and their families.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance in recruiting and maintaining a roster that is diverse.
- Prepare and implement a recruiting plan that indicates recruiting efforts to build a diverse roster and relationships that will lead to effective conduits.
- Work closely with Admissions and other campus offices to recruit outstanding student-athletes.
- Plan and coordinate prospective student-athlete visits to campus and off campus contacts with prospective student-athletes.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, Master’s preferred.
- Previous collegiate coaching experience (3-5 years) is preferred.
- Collegiate playing experience is desired.
- A successful record of recruiting, developing and retaining student-athletes is essential.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate exceptional leadership and a commitment to, and understanding and appreciation of, NCAA Division III athletics and wellness in a private liberal arts college.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience working on a campus with a diverse student body.
- Current and valid driver’s license required.