The Head Coach is responsible for administering all aspects of a competitive Division III program, adhering to the guidelines and expectations that are set forth from Pacific Lutheran University, the Northwest Conference and the NCAA. In addition to the day-to-day coaching, the Head Coach is responsible for the organization of scheduling, budget, travel coordination, game day staff management, equipment management, recruitment and retention of student- athletes, camp operations, and fundraising.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Plan season competition schedule and coordinate travel.
- Lead practices with assistance from an assistant coaching staff to include offensive and defensive schemes, instruct skill development and techniques.
- Support academic success through team meetings and individual check-ins with student-athletes.
- Develop practice plans and evaluate film, instruct scouts and competitive strategies.
- Oversee and assist in holistic personal development of student-athletes.
- Recruit, retain and graduate successful student-athletes.
- Coordinate fundraising efforts.
- Monitor and manage the budget and program resources.
- 3 years of experience coaching women’s Lacrosse.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- CPR/First Aid certification required and may be obtained on the job.
- Valid driver’s license (Must have had a valid driver’s license for at least 2 years).
- Finalist candidates must satisfactorily complete pre-employment background checks, including a driving abstract check, and pass PLU’s internal Driver’s Certification Training.