The Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach at UMF provides leadership for and management of all aspects of the competitive intercollegiate sport. The coach centers the student athlete experience/supports the various identities that student athletes hold, and serves the Department of Athletics staff, the UMF campus, and the greater community consistent with the University's mission and compliant with all applicable laws, University policies, and member organization policies and requirements.
- Supervises assistant coaches.
- Assures a positive and purposeful experience for the athletes, assures robust involvement, community engagement, and leadership development opportunities; assure these opportunities address diversity, equity, and engagement priorities.
- Performs efficient, appropriate, and effective recruitment activities as well as appropriate use of resources and engagement for performance and culture development, resulting in a culture of inclusion, belonging, health, well-being, and academic success through graduation.
- Conducts high-quality teaching in a humane learning environment.
- Monitors and promotes the academic and personal growth of student athletes.
- Coordinates the team strength & conditioning/off-season training programs to minimize injury and maximize safe competitive performance.
- Develops and manages program’s budget and scheduling within parameters.
- Bachelor's degree and three to five years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid State of Maine driver’s license (in good standing, based on UMS standards).
- Effective fund-raising experience.
- Work irregular/extended hours, including night and weekend duties as necessary.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Strong and effective personal and professional relationships.