The Head Women's Lacrosse Coach is responsible for the overall management of the program including coaching, recruitment and retention of student-athletes, scheduling and budget management, equipment ordering, viable fundraising, public relations and other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for creating an overall positive and successful environment for the student-athletes of the women's lacrosse program.
- Provide oversight and evaluation of the daily progress of the team including strength training, conditioning, and student-athlete academic, personal and athletic development.
- Plan, conduct and evaluate practice activities for women's lacrosse team members.
- Provide group and individual assistance in a manner that engages the athletes and builds commitment to the program.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Augustana staff to integrate efforts and create program success.
- Assist other staff members with activities as needed to reach the overall goals of the Augustana athletic department.
- Meet with prospective students and their family members both on campus and at remote locations as possible.
- Three or more years of previous coaching experience, preferably at the collegiate level.
- Previous head coaching experience preferred.
- A demonstrated understanding of the NCAA Division III environment, requirements, and accountability, with previous coaching or playing experience in a similar setting highly preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to relate to a diverse group of students, athletes, coaches and campus community members.
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills.
- Must have a thorough understanding of and accountability to NCAA and CCIW rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated strong commitment to the academic and athletic success of the student-athlete.