The head coach is responsible for providing the vision, leadership, and strategic planning in directing and supervising all activities related to the recruitment, teaching, training, and skill development of scholar-athletes in preparation for intercollegiate competitions.
- Evaluate and recruit athletically talented and academically qualified scholar-athletes supporting the University’s mission and philosophy in monitoring, overseeing, and supporting scholar-athletes’ academic success.
- Responsible for providing a positive scholar-athlete experience centered on their physical and mental health in the organization and implementation of regular practice sessions and competitions in developing, instructing, and motivating scholar-athletes in fundamentals, techniques, and strategies to achieve a high-level performance individually and as a team.
- Coordinate administrative operations in adhering to all athletic and University policies and protocols, use of all athletic and university software and technology systems, documentation, travel arrangements, equipment/supplies maintenance, orders, camp/clinic organization and implementation, and community service.
- Develop, implement, and oversee the sports operating budget provided by the university. Develop fundraising activities and events to supplement the budget needs of the program.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- First Aid/CPR.
- Minimum 5-8 years experience (which can include previous collegiate, club, or high school head coaching or assistant coaching experience, and playing experience).
Florida Tech does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy, parenting status, veteran status or retirement status in its activities and programs.