The Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach is expected to direct the day-to-day operation and development of the program at Albertus Magnus College. The Head Coach is accountable for building the requisite roster size and developing a student-athlete recruitment plan to ensure the long-term sustainability and competitiveness of an appropriate roster.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a recruiting plan to achieve and maintain a roster size adequate for sponsorship of Women’s Lacrosse in accordance with the College’s enrollment growth strategies.
- Develops and implements a daily practice plan to ensure proper preparation for intercollegiate competition.
- Provides contest preparation by scouting opponents.
- Promotes the visions and values of Albertus Magnus College by emphasizing the experience and education of each student-athlete as the most important component of intercollegiate athletic participation.
- Supervises assistant coaches and provides feedback for continued growth and development.
- Represent their respective program during coaches’ meetings.
- Knowledge of collegiate rules and demonstrated compliance with said rules.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience as a student-athlete or coach of the sport(s).
- General understanding of the recruiting process at the college level.
- A demonstrated commitment to the NCAA Division III philosophy regarding the student-athlete experience.