CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The coach will manage the daily operations of a Division III intercollegiate women’s lacrosse program under the guidelines established by Vermont State University,
NCAA and Little East Conference.
- Responsibilities include, but not limited to, practice and game preparation, the supervision of the assistant coaching staff, recruitment and retention of qualified
student-athletes, overseeing the academic success and student-athlete welfare.
- Assist in game management for various athletic events and contests.
- Perform other administrative duties within the Athletics and Recreation Department as assigned.
- Strong and varied technical skills and interest in recreational activities.
- Broad base of knowledge and skills related to athletic facilities, management, coaching, recruiting and other relevant experience.
- Two to four years of prior coaching experience.
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide range of University students, personnel, as well as media contacts, facilities users and others outside the University.
- Weekend and evening work is required.
- Valid Vermont State Driver’s License.
Vermont State University is a part of the Vermont State Colleges System (VSCS). VSCS values individual differences that can be engaged in the service of learning. Diverse experiences from people of varied backgrounds inform and enrich our community.