WPU strives to create a vibrant learning community for all its members, including students, staff, and faculty. To help foster that community, the Head Coach will lead by example and develop others’ leadership capabilities, employ relevant technologies, and actively demonstrate the Quaker virtues of simplicity, peace-making, integrity, community, and equality.
Requirements and Preferences:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Coaching experience required.
- Collegiate coaching experience preferred.
- Demonstrated talent in building cohesive teams.
- Independent decision making, ability to exercise good judgment, and use of critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work in an environment of shifting priorities, frequent interruptions, hectic pace, and interaction with students, staff, alumni, and the public.
- Administer your program to be in total compliance with William Penn, NAIA and conference regulations and policies.
- Monitor and stay within the parameters of your budget. All purchase orders, expense forms and check requests must be submitted in a timely manner to the Athletic Director.
- Monitor and submit all required documentation to the Director of Compliance and NAIA to assure eligibility for student-athletes.
- Maintain the scholarship average designated by the University for all student-athletes in your program.
- Coordinate and oversee an ethical process for recruiting and retaining student-athletes for your program. Each head coach is required to maintain FTE numbers as established by the University.
- Attend all athletic department meetings.