The Head Women’s Lacrosse Coaching Instructor will direct, instruct and administer a John Carroll University Women’s Lacrosse program in compliance with applicable NCAA, OAC conference, and institutional regulations. This is a leadership position that will be responsible for providing coaching instruction and administrative support to other coaches and administrative staff while ensuring compliance with all related governing bodies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead instructor and coordinator for all elements of practices and games to include preparation, effective execution of drills, one-on-one development work with athletes as warranted and fulfillment of game day responsibilities.
- Develop and recommend strategies for a successful program including well-organized practice plans and strategies as well as participation in the development and execution of game strategies.
- Monitor academic progress and meet with individual student-athletes to ensure academic success and compliance with university and NCAA academic standards.
- Mentor student-athletes as to proper conduct and decorum.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Previous collegiate coaching experience or equivalent experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain certifications in CPR and AED.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work independently.
- Ability to effectively communicate with diverse constituencies.
- Must understand and comply with NCAA, conference, and University rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.