The Head Women’s Rugby Coach will be responsible for all day to day operations of a college level rugby program and conduct the rugby program in compliance with all applicable NCAA, USA Rugby, NIRA and Institutional rules and regulations. The main emphasis will be on recruiting qualified student-athletes to the institution for our emerging program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide instruction and development for individual and team improvement, analyze athlete performance, and prepare student-athletes for competition.
- Maintain positive and professional relations with students, athletes, alumni and other constituents.
- Monitor student-athlete academic performance to ensure academic success.
- Recruit and retain student-athletes within compliance regulations and academic admissions standards.
- Coordinate all activities for home and away games including team travel plan, transportation, and lodging.
- Evaluate and purchase equipment as necessary.
- Coordinate scheduling of practice and games with facility manager.
- Participate in fundraising and public relations activities.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule to meet requirements of the position, including early mornings, nights and weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years Professional or Collegiate Coaching experience or equivalent combination of experience, training, and/or education which clearly demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Strong and established recruiting skills are required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills