Oversee all aspects of the women’s varsity soccer program at the NCAA Division II level. Responsible for recruitment, scheduling, practice/game preparation, competition coaching duties, budget management, fund raising and promotion. Assist the Athletic Director in a leadership role in enhancing the internal and external visibility and recognition of the Michigan Tech Soccer program. Teach activity courses in the Department of Kinesiology and Integrative Physiology.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Plan, organize and administer all aspects of the university’s varsity soccer program.
2. Direct the recruitment of soccer student-athletes on a national basis.
3. Develop and implement soccer practice sessions, coordinating soccer staff to determine needs for individual and team improvement.
4. Evaluate own and opposition team capabilities to determine game strategy and manage/prepare team for competition.
5. Enhance and promote the internal and external visibility and recognition of the university and team to a variety of alumni, campus and off campus groups.
6. Actively organize and participate in fund raising activities.
7. Provide necessary resources to monitor and promote the academic success of student-athletes.
8. Plan, develop and administer budgets; budget reporting.
9. Represent and act on behalf of the university as directed by the Athletic Director.
10. Teach activity classes in the Department of Kinesiology and Integrative Physiology.
11. Supervisory Responsibilities: Administrative supervision is exercised over graduate student assistants.
Experience playing and/or coaching soccer at the collegiate level.
Experience planning, developing, and administering budgets.
Experience using personal computers and basic software packages.
Athletic Recruiting experience.
Desirable Education and/or Experience:
Head coaching experience.
Fund raising experience.
Familiarity with recruiting area.