Under the direction of the Athletic Director, coach, plan, organize, recruit for, and coordinate the Bushnell University Women’s Soccer Program.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct all aspects of the Women’s soccer program: including recruiting, scholarship distribution, spiritual formation, budgeting, scheduling, rules compliance, practice and game preparation, scheduling of contests, and supervision of assistant coaches.
- Plan, organize, coordinate, and coach soccer within the academic, spiritual formation and athletic philosophies of Bushnell University, local, and national conferences; verify eligibility of student athletes according to established regulations and procedures.
- Maintain a minimum roster of 30+ student-athletes (roster goals to be set appropriately for upcoming year).
- Plan and organize team travel including transportation, lodging, and meals for away contests.
- Maintain and implement a training program for on and off season.
- Organize and run practice sessions.
- Hire, evaluate and supervise assistant coaching staff.
- Conduct fund raising activities for the Women’s soccer team (examples could include summer camp or raffle ticket sales).
Knowledge of / Experience with:
- Understand and work toward the goals of Bushnell University and NAIA Athletics.
- Know college policies, procedures and trends related to Intercollegiate Athletics.
- NAIA and Cascade Collegiate Conference philosophy, rules, regulations, regarding eligibility, recruiting, financial aid, recruiting, sports playing seasons, etc.
- Proper coaching and motivation techniques.
- Body mechanics principles, flexibility and strength training.
- High pedagogy of soccer.
- Goals and objectives of assigned activity.