- Recruit and retain 20+ qualified student-athletes and ensure timely submission of their academic records for admissions and eligibility; responsible for meeting the college-identified annual recruiting goal for the program.
- Develop strategies to motivate individual and team athletic performance along with appropriate personal and social conduct both on-campus and off-campus.
- Plan and execute practices and game preparation and coach in-game.
- Provide management and direction to assistant coaching staff and training personnel.
- Participate in the development and management of the team budget.
- Coordinate team travel.
- Follow College and State policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in campus programs and manage the development and coordination of community service projects for team members.
- Proven success coaching at the high school, travel/club, or college levels.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills; ability to effectively interact with faculty, staff and students.
- Experience in budgeting successfully for a soccer program/team.
- Experience in planning team travel.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Enthusiastic commitment to the Richard Bland College mission, vision and the goals of the RBC strategic plan.
Richard Bland College of William & Mary is an equal opportunity institution providing educational and employment opportunities, programs, services, and activities. In keeping with this policy, the College does not discriminate and makes no distinction in the admission of students, nor in any other of its official activities, based on race, color, national origin (ancestry), religion (creed), age, military service or veteran status, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity or expression), sexual orientation, family medical history or genetic information, disability, any other status protected by law, or any other non-merit based factors.