The Head Women’s Soccer Coach is responsible for all administrative and organizational aspects of the NCAA Division I Soccer Program within the mission of the University and its philosophy of Intercollegiate Athletics. The head soccer coach will hold academic requirements and pursuits as a matter of highest priority and will actively encourage student-athletes to succeed academically and acquire a degree.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervision of assistant coaches with delegated responsibilities for the overall maintenance of the program.
- Supervision of all student-athletes in a coordinated and planned program of practices and competition, with a concern for the players’ health and welfare, physical and psychological preparation.
- In cooperation with the Assistant Director of Athletics for Compliance and the Assistant Director of Athletics for Student Services, uphold all University academic policies and assist, when appropriate, in counseling student-athletes relative to academic success, progress and eligibility.
- Maintain APR scores above NCAA requirements.
- Enforce University and athletic department policies and regulations regarding the use/abuse of alcohol and drugs by team members.
- Foster and maintain positive student body and faculty relations with student-athletes.
- Recommend to the Assistant Director of Athletics and the Associate Director of Athletics for Business, an annual budget for the program and operate within the approved budget.
- Work closely with the Equipment Manager to purchase, distribute, and manage inventory of uniforms and equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of related experience, which could include a combination of college coaching, high school, AAU or club experience.