Gardner Webb University seeks applications for a Head Coach of Women’s Soccer. This is a full-time, exempt, 12-month position which includes full benefits. The Head Coach is an integral member of the Office of Intercollegiate Athletics staff team and reports directly to the Director of Athletics or designee in the AD’s absence.
- Responsible for all aspects of the program, ensuring the program remains consistent with our University Christian mission and values.
- Facilitate a positive environment for players and coaches.
- Responsible for the hiring and evaluation of assistant coaches that will provide effective and positive leadership for the program
- Prepares and organizes daily practice sessions, game preparation for competition and off-season training.
- Recommends and prepares all schedules for home tournaments and non-conference games to the Director of Athletics.
- Organizes the scouting of future opponents including video tape analysis. Organizes and directs the coaching staff to carry out the goals and objectives of the women’s soccer program.
- Responsibly expends allocated budget and ensures that the budget balances each fiscal year.
- Train and develop student athletes, as well as assistant coaches, in the sport's skills, strategies, techniques, and conditioning.
EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Master's degree from accredited institution preferred. Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum 5 years of successful, collegiate coaching experience. Collegiate head coaching experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit academically successful student-athletes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Valid driver's license.
- Strong knowledge of NCAA Division I rules and regulations preferred.