Under the general supervision of the Director of Athletics, the Head Women’s Soccer Coach coordinates recruitment, scheduling, strategic planning, and student athlete development for the Women’s Soccer program. In addition to the coaching responsibilities, each full-time coach is responsible for providing support for a series of administrative and facilities management tasks as part of a team of professionals within the Paul Smith’s College Athletics and Recreation department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide on-site coaching during athletic competitions and practices.
- Design, implement, and facilitate a comprehensive training program for student athletes which includes pre-season, in-season, and post-season training considerations.
- Develop and coordinate an annual competition schedule that clearly identifies travel and budget plans to support transportation, accommodation, and meal provision during all away games.
- Serve as on-site game day coordinator for all home games by ensuring facility readiness for athletic contest, the provision of athletic officials/athletic trainer, and communication with visiting teams and coaches.
- Manage and maintain all equipment associated with the women’s soccer program.
- Manage and track all phases of competitive student athlete recruitment in collaboration with the Admissions Department and in alignment with college policy and relevant athletic association.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Sports Management, Outdoor Recreation, Parks and Recreation Management or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience coaching, preferably at the collegiate level.
- Working knowledge of rules and strategies of Soccer.
- Ability to provide mentorship to student athletes in alignment with the mission, values, and goals of Paul Smith’s College, and prioritizing both successful academic development and competitive athletic performance.
- Experience in recruitment and team management of an intercollegiate program.
- Knowledgeable in understanding and maintaining sports statistics and statistical reports.
- Effective planning and organizational skills.