The Resident Director holds the responsibility for assisting with Southwestern Student Residence Life department. As a live-on member of the Housing staff, the primary function is to create a living-learning community that will foster comprehensive student development. This position should have a strong commitment to student engagement and be capable of responding in a positive manner to a wide variety of situations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Directly supervising Resident Assistants, within their housing role, to develop and implement programs and activities that enrich resident learning and growth outside of the classroom, using sound residential life programming principles, departmental guidelines, and national standards and benchmarks. This will include interviewing, selecting, training, and evaluating student staff as needed
- Assist in the establishment and promotion of unity and teamwork among the staff members by providing team-building and training opportunities.
- Maintain visibility in the community by regularly interacting with residents, attending programs, and visiting with staff and residents in the residential area, at the dining facility, and around campus.
- Convey and promote student accountability to the Student Housing Room and Board Agreement as well as the Student Code of Conduct.
- Establish and communicate clear expectations of staff and resident community expectations based on mutual respect and the creation of a supportive living environment.
- Administer student conduct meetings with the Director for policy violations and behavioral and community issues. Process related letters and documentation relating to student engagement.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- One to three (1-3) years of experience in group/student living at a college or university.
- Two (2) year of experience coaching soccer at the collegiate level (or equivalent).