Essential Job Functions:
- Recruit and maintain a roster of qualified and quality student athletes that fit the University mission.
- Conduct daily in season training sessions. Duties include but not limited to strength and fitness training, teaching and drilling skills, teaching game strategy and tactics, psychological and motivational preparation.
- Monitor academic progress of student athletes while fostering a student-centered focus for the team.
- Learn and follow all NCAA rules to make sure you are staying within NCAA guidelines and compliance.
- Remain current in emerging trends in softball activities.
- Schedule team games a season in advance.
- Assist in budget preparation and monitor and follow team budget.
- Facilitating the development and implementation of an operational plan for the team that is consistent with the University mission.
- Effectively hire and develop a staff for the team to assist in all aspects team operation.
- Create a culture of engagement and participation for all team members for the achievement of desired goals.
- Develop and nurture relationships with MSOE staff members and academic faculty.
- BS/BA required; master’s degree preferred.
- Coaching and/or leadership experience related to team operations and development.
- Understanding how to achieve team goals to serving the mission of the department and University.
- Prior budgeting responsibility.
- Experience in working and supporting a diverse work environment.
- An appreciation and understanding of the latest climate and challenges facing small private universities.
- Demonstrated and an appreciation for recruiting today’s student athlete.
It is the policy of MSOE to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, marital status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all jobs at the University and to all the terms, benefits, and conditions of employment/enrollment.