The Head Women’s Softball Coach/Advisor will be responsible for promoting and coaching the Softball program for the College. Provide quality coaching and instruction to students participating in this program; develop, implement, and teach related Softball program curriculum; enforce safety regulations and procedures through supervision of students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of an effective Softball program.
- Responsible for the recruitment of quality prospective student athletes.
- Enforce safety regulations and procedures through supervision of students involved in the program.
- Continuously work to ensure the ongoing eligibility of the athletes and monitor their academic progress.
- Supervise work-out sessions, team practices, and competition activities.
- Assist in scheduling team activities including a competition schedule, arranging for officials for the sporting events, team travel, accommodations, and meals.
- Provide ongoing oversight of student athlete’s conduct both on and off the field.
- Assist with conflict resolution.
- Provide guidance with campus processes such as academic advising, registration, financial aid, and residential life.
- Assist with the development of positive interpersonal relationships including campus integration with other students and faculty.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Softball coaching experience in higher education is required.
- Excellent customer service skills are required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
Southern Union State Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Southern Union State Community College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. Applicants must adhere to the College’s prescribed interview schedule and travel at their own expense.