The Head Coach's responsibilities include, but are not limited to, responsibility for the overall success, performance and conduct of the SMU Women's Swimming program in regards to academic, athletic and student conduct.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A minimum of five years of proven, successful swimming coaching experience is required. Collegiate experience is preferred. Division 1 experience is desirable.
- Candidate must demonstrate strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with athletes, recruits, coaching staff and administration. Must also demonstrate strong written communication skills. A strong customer service orientation is essential.
- Candidate must possess strong problem-solving skills with the ability to identify and analyze problems, as well as devise solutions. Must also have strong organizational, planning and time-management skills.
- Knowledge of collegiate swimming recruiting and NCAA rules is required. Strong competition decision making and strong leaderships skills are essential.
SMU will not discriminate in any program or activity on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity and expression.