This position reports to the Director of Athletics. The Head Women’s Tennis Coach will direct all phases of the day-to-day operations of the Delaware State University women’s tennis program, including but not limited to: effective coaching and student-athlete development; successful recruitment, retention, and graduation of high performing student-athletes; preparation, organization, design and implementation of effective practice plans, off-season programs, and recruiting systems; effective and timely budget management, equipment oversight, and travel planning; a commitment to community engagement, fund raising and effective public relations; adherence to NCAA I, Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference (MEAC) and DSU rules and regulations.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Knowledge in the operations and administration of a NCAA Women’s Tennis team and program.
2. Three years of successful collegiate and/or professional tennis coaching, student-athlete academic performance, and recruiting experiences required.
3. Excellent communication, organizational, teaching, public relations, interpersonal, customer service, and supervisory skills;
4. Strong knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
5. Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.