The Head Women's Tennis Coach reports to the Assistant Director of Athletics. The primary roles are to organize, recruit and develop and foster a successful Women's Tennis program in connection with the mission and strategic plan of the university and serve as an appropriate role model for student athletes through their instructions and actions. In addition, a secondary administrative responsibility will be assigned.
- Recruit quality student-athletes for the tennis program.
- Develop and conduct organized practices.
- Develop a schedule that includes representative and competitive contests.
- Develop and maintain sport budgets.
- Adhere to all NCAA DIII and conference rules and bylaws.
- Coordinate fundraising opportunities for the tennis program, if appropriate.
- Counsel student-athletes in a positive, professional manner.
- Develop positive rapport with athletics staff, as well as SU community.
- Deep understanding of and passion for the game and substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport, at the same time, must continue to examine new theories and procedures pertinent to the sport.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to build strong collaborative relationships.
- Requires ability to multi-task and attend to detail.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with current students and parents, prospective students and parents, and staff and faculty in a professional manner.