The Head Women’s Tennis Coach at Upper Iowa University reports to the Director of Athletics and is responsible for planning, directing, and evaluating all aspects and facets of a successful women’s tennis program on the NCAA Division II level. Duties include, but not limited to: recruitment of highly skilled and academically qualified student-athletes, monitor academic progress and eligibility, and effectively analyze and teach the fundamentals skills and strategies of the sport.
- Direct and supervise the overall planning and execution of the intercollegiate women’s tennis program.
- Promote the philosophy and objectives of the women’s tennis program, the intercollegiate athletic department, and University.
- Serve as a leader, mentor, and role model to the student-athletes of the women’s tennis program.
- Identify, evaluate, and recruit highly skilled and academically qualified student-athletes.
- Monitor academic progress and eligibility status of team members and implementing action plans and counseling as necessary and in consultation with the Department Senior Staff.
- Effectively analyze and teach the fundamental skills and strategies of the women’s tennis
- Plan, organize, conduct, and evaluate practice sessions.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in coaching or playing at the collegiate or professional level.
- Strong commitment to the concept of a student-centered, positive student-athlete Experience.