Saginaw Valley State University, a DII member of the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic conference invites applications for the position of Head Women’s Tennis Coach and Athletic Operations Assistant to develop, promote, and supervise all facets of the tennis team; develop and execute strategies for the recruitment of student-athletes for highly visible regionally and nationally competitive team; organize and direct all aspects of the Women’s tennis program, organizing practice sessions to enhance the team’s performance; supervise staff involved in the program and oversee budget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge of and adherence to all applicable NCAA and conference compliance rules and regulations.
- Ensure that all relevant institutional, conference and NCAA rules and regulations are followed. Including, but not limited to: student-athlete eligibility, recruiting, financial aid, scheduling and academic progress.
- Ensure compliance with all institutional, conference and NCAA rules and regulations by student-athletes and sport related staff.
- Abides by NCAA Bylaws 10.1 and 11.1 regarding ethical conduct and the responsibility to positively contribute to a campus culture of NCAA rules compliance.
- Promote academic excellence and graduation. Monitor academic progress, including study table and class attendance in coordination with athletic academic advisor.
- Prepare, lead, and execute practice and game plans for both championship and non-championship seasons.
- Develop and execute a strategy for building a regionally and nationally competitive team.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Four years of relevant sport coaching or playing experience at the collegiate level or higher.
- Knowledge and understanding of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Exceptional leadership skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a diverse community.