- Must demonstrate effective teaching and coaching skills, technique and tactics.
- Plan, organize and implement effective practices.
- Organize and implement effective recruiting strategies. Attract and retain qualified applicants.
- Responsible for fiscal management and public relations with parents, alumni and friends of the program. Maintain effective communication with alumni and parents.
- Communicate effectively with student-athletes.
- Teach lifetime sports in the Physical Education program.
- Mentor student-athletes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NESCAC and NCAA Division III Philosophy; ability to attract and retain qualified applicants; ability to coach baseball at the collegiate, Division III level.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse set of constituencies, including but not limited to prospective and current student-athletes, families, alumni, and faculty and staff of Middlebury.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and must be able to obtain and maintain a Middlebury College driver’s license.