This position is responsible for directing all aspects of the women’s tennis program including, recruitment and development of student-athletes, budget development and management, and engaging with members of the university community and citizens of the Arkansas River Valley. He or she will also be responsible for assuring compliance with policies and procedures set forth by Arkansas Tech University, the Great American Conference and the NCAA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruitment and development of student athletes.
- Budget development and management.
- Adherence to all paperwork and program management policies within the department of Athletics.
- Engage with members of the university community and citizens of the Arkansas River Valley.
- Responsible for assuring compliance with policies and procedures set forth by Arkansas Tech University, the Great American Conference and the NCAA.
- Contribute to the ATU Department of Athletics’ nationally recognized culture of community service.
- Oversee the operation of summer camps and cultivate relationships with alumni/community members for the benefit of ATU, the Department of Athletics and the women’s tennis program.
- Teaching and/or academic coach.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Athletics.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent ability to grasp and teach tennis fundamentals and strategies.
- Knowledge of the NCAA Division II rules and regulations.
- A strong public service orientation to work well with faculty, staff, students, and the community.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Maintain a commitment to academic and athletic excellence.