This position reports to the Director of Athletics and is responsible for the oversight and operation of the NCAA Division III varsity intercollegiate women’s track & field and cross-country programs, including all aspects of coaching, recruiting, budgeting, scheduling, and managing the intercollegiate program within the policies, and principles of Haverford College, the Centennial Conference, and the NCAA.
- Identify, evaluate, recruit, and retain prospective student-athletes.
- Coordinate practice planning, skill development, and design coaching strategies.
- Provide support for the coordination and execution of the athletic programs.
- Assist with the supervision and training of athletic programming staff; develop employee manuals and implement training programs and/or internships.
- Assist with the implementation of marketing and advertising plans for programs; present materials for camps, clinics, public speaking, and/or special events. Adhere to general and program-specific safety policies, including the communication and enforcement of safety practices; maintain certifications.
- Ability to obtain and maintain PA Act 153 child abuse clearances.
- Ability to be available for evening and weekend games and events.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and ability to pass a motor vehicle record check.
- Priority will be given to candidates who currently hold the First Aid, CPR, and AED certifications; should the final candidate not currently hold those certifications, they will be provided an opportunity to obtain them in the first 30 days of employment.
Haverford College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, social justice, and providing equal opportunities and access to all individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status.