Carleton College, a highly selective liberal arts college, seeks to hire a Head Women's Volleyball Coach at the assistant professor level in the Physical Education, Athletics and Recreation (PEAR) Department to lead and direct all phases of a successful and competitive NCAA Division III program.
- Organizes, prepares, and conducts safe and strategic individual and team training sessions and competitive strategies.
- Executes appropriate coaching decisions during practice and competition that ensure the welfare of the student athletes representing their program.
- Teaches physical education activity-based classes in PEAR that contribute to the development of a holistic wellness environment for our campus community.
- Understands and supports students who are balancing multiple responsibilities as students and athletes in a rigorous academic environment.
- Master’s Degree in Physical Education or an appropriate field completed (strongly preferred) or near completion.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- 3+ years of college coaching or competitive club coaching experience with recruiting is preferred
- Designing and implementing strategic practice and competition plans
- Creating an effective, sustainable, and results-oriented recruitment plan
- Fostering a positive, organized and enriching experience for the student athletes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Must be able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with a diverse group of students, faculty and staff, with a commitment to equity, inclusion and diversity.