Carleton College, a highly selective liberal arts college, seeks to hire a Head Women's Volleyball Coach at the assistant professor level in the Physical Education, Athletics and Recreation (PEAR) Department to lead and direct all phases of a successful and competitive NCAA Division III program.
- Organizes, prepares, and conducts safe and strategic individual and team training sessions and competitive strategies. Executes appropriate coaching decisions during practice and competition that ensure the welfare of the student athletes representing their program.
- Teaches physical education activity-based classes in PEAR that contribute to the development of a holistic wellness environment for our campus community.
- Understands and supports students who are balancing multiple responsibilities as students and athletes in a rigorous academic environment.
- Develops and incorporates a comprehensive recruiting plan that shows successful results for the recruitment, yield and retention of academically and athletically qualified student-athletes in a rigorous academic environment.
- Oversees, monitors, and balances the budget and all financial operations of the program. Develops an effective competitive schedule for the program within the budget parameters.
- Master’s Degree in Physical Education or an appropriate field completed (strongly preferred) or near completion.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- 3+ years of college coaching or competitive club coaching experience with recruiting is preferred.
- Designing and implementing strategic practice and competition plans.
- Creating an effective, sustainable, and results-oriented recruitment plan.
Carleton College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, veteran status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, status with regard to public assistance, disability, or age in providing employment or access to its educational facilities and activities.