The Head Coach position is responsible for running all aspects of a college sports team/program. Responsibilities include: recruitment, practice management, game management, academic monitoring and fundraising. Hagerstown Community College participates in the National Junior College Athletic Association and the Maryland Junior College Athletic Conference.
- Works within HCC's and the Athletic Department's policies and procedures to accomplish goals.
- Demonstrate values of a life-long learner and focuses on student success academically before team success.
- Recruit student athletes from HCC's service area who are capable of benefiting from a community college education and collegiate athletic program.
- Monitor academic progress and participation in an academic support program for student athletes.
- Develop an understanding of student financial aid options and partner with the financial aid department to obtain updates that may impact player eligibility.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have an earned college degree, coaching experience at the high school, club/or college for a minimum of 5 years.
- Demonstrated ability to raise funds for scholarships and travel.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit student athletes who will benefit from Hagerstown Community College's strong academic programs.