The Head Women’s Volleyball Coach is responsible for the overall administration and success of the women’s volleyball program. The volleyball coach is to recruit student-athletes, schedule opponents, organize conditioning, plan practices, develop strategies for skill enhancement, manage within budget, develop community relations, participate in fund-raising activities, and administer team regulations for the women’s volleyball program.
- Skill Enhancement-motivate, teach, and organize practices to promote top performance.
- Team Travel- This involves coordination of scheduling contests, making arrangements for transportation, meals and lodging for the travel party. This requires knowledge of NCAA regulations as it relates to the minimum and maximum number of allowable contests.
- Additional Responsibilities- Community relations, fund-raising, and other responsibilities as assigned by the Athletic Director.
- Recruiting- This function serves as the primary means to establish a competitive team. The coach needs to be knowledgeable of all Big South Conference, NCAA rules and regulations an the requirements for admission to the institution. The coach is expected to recruit student- athletes of good character, academically prepared and a quality skill level needed to be competitive.
- Bachelor’s degree, minimum of two years volleyball coaching experience, and/or collegiate volleyball playing experience required.
- Good driving record, and valid driver’s license.
- Successful background check required.
- Successful completion annually of NCAA recruiting exam is required.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations, exceptional interpersonal skills, computer skills, strong written and oral communication skills.