Under the supervision of the Athletic Director, this part-time position will oversee all aspects of the athletic program within the athletic department and with the Northwest Athletic Conference (NWAC) policy and regulations. Clark College welcomes athletic coaches with a vision of excellence in coaching and a commitment to lead students to successful academic, vocational and athletic achievement. Clark seeks coaches who have the ability to work effectively with students, colleagues, staff and others in a campus climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be familiar with all recruiting guidelines.
- Ensure that all recruits are made aware of all the expenses involved in attending Clark, including the costs to live in the community.
- Utilize ethical standards and stress the positive aspects of Clark College.
- Understand and continue to update your knowledge of all eligibility rules and regulations, especially any new rules adopted at the annual commissioners' meeting.
- Inform all student-athletes of eligibility rules and regulations.
- Know the correct procedures for petitioning athletes' eligibility.
- Along with the basic eligibility criteria, make sure you are also familiar with areas such as: summer school, attendance, participation, grade verifications, limited team membership, limitation on number of games, transfer rules, amateur status, etc.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required.
- Two (2) years of successful coaching in high school or college.
- Knowledge of NWAC rules and regulations.
- Working and interacting effectively with colleagues, staff, students, administrators and others of various cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Imparting excitement and enthusiasm into coaching.
- Ability to develop and implement effective practices and game plans.