As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University seeks serve as Head Women’s Volleyball Coach. Reporting to the Director of Athletics, the Head Women’s Volleyball Coach promotes Marian University’s Catholic Franciscan Mission & Identity by providing leadership, management, and strategic planning for the women’s basketball program.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Actively engages the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan Intellectual traditions in courses, programs, and services.
- Organizing and conducting a recruitment program that will retain qualified student-athletes at the NAIA level by managing visitations.
- Cooperating with the admissions and financial aid departments in a coordinated effort to attract student-athletes.
- Supervising student-athletes’ academic, personal, and athletic development.
- Planning practices and game preparation.
- Managing the women’s Volleyball budget.
- Implementing and enforcing the department and university policies concerning sportsmanship and school representation.
- Knowledge of and a commitment to the mission of Marian University.
- An earned bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and experience in coaching volleyball.