Walsh University is a member of NCAA Division II that competes in the Great Midwest Athletic Conference. The Head Women's Volleyball Coach will lead and manage all facets of the program with emphasis on teaching and mentoring team members relative to sport specific skills, NCAA II rules and regulations, individual and team development concepts as well as life skills education.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coaching duties: budgets, scheduling, transportation, practices, game preparation
- Educates and mentors student athletes in all aspects of their holistic development; mind, body and spirit.
- Procurement of equipment as necessary.
- Supervision of Assistant Coaches.
- Supervision of Work-Study Students assigned to Volleyball.
- Development of an effective Off-season Program.
- Development and Operation of Clinics and Camps.
- Establishing an environment that supports and promotes academic excellence in student-athletes.
- Responsible for abiding by NCAA II compliance rules and legislation as well as educating student-athletes about those rules.
- Must understand and support the Mission, Vision and Code of Ethical Conduct of Walsh University, as a Catholic higher education university as expressed in Ex Corde Ecclesiae.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field required. Master's degree preferred.
- At least 3 years experience as a head coach at the collegiate level or other significant experience relative to coaching Volleyball and/or the administration of an intercollegiate athletics program.