Newberry College (NCAA D2), located in Newberry, SC, is seeking applicants for our Women’s Head Volleyball Coach position. The selected candidate will ensure the team operates and conducts themselves within the ideals, goals, rules and regulations set forth by Newberry College, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and the South Atlantic Conference (SAC).
- Create an atmosphere that emphasizes the student-athlete experience.
- Construct a plan to ensure academic success and personal development of student-athletes.
- Meet recruiting and retention goals.
- Ensure each student-athlete has a pathway towards graduation.
- Identify, evaluate, and recruit academically prepared student-athletes in accordance with college policy and NCAA regulations.
- Establish an effective communication plan with student-athletes.
- Plan a competitive schedule.
- Conduct practices in a safe environment.
- Effectively manage the budget.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Previous collegiate volleyball coaching experience is preferred.
- Upon employment, candidate must successfully complete NCAA certification exam.