The Head Volleyball Coach is responsible for all phases of a highly competitive NCAA Division II women’s volleyball program including, but not limited to, practice and game preparation, recruiting, hiring and supervision of assistant coaches, budget management, alumni and public relations, and adherence to the rules of the NCAA, the Pacific West Conference, and Fresno Pacific University.
- Develops and maintains a volleyball program that is athletically competitive within the Pacific West Conference and NCAA Division II.
- Works to maintain an atmosphere within the FPU Department of Athletics that is consistent with the mission of Fresno Pacific University, including the active demonstration and modeling of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Operates the program within the mission, policies, bylaws, regulations, and interpretations of Fresno Pacific University, the Department of Athletics, the Pacific West Conference, and the NCAA Division II.
- Actively engages the members of the program in meaningful and verifiable community service and community engagement.
- Actively guides and mentors student-athletes into successful life patterns and choices including those represented by the faith and life commitments of the University.
- Actively supports and monitors the academic progress of student-athletes, resulting in high GPAs, graduation rates and retention rates.
- Is responsible for all administrative aspects of the program including scheduling, off-season conditioning, program equipment, program budget, and the direction of FPU-identified athletic/sport camps.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in coaching Volleyball.
- Experience in fundraising.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Expressed commitment to NCAA legislation and compliance.
- Proven commitment to athletic and academic success.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.