The Head Volleyball Coach is a part-time position that reports to the Director of Athletics. The Head Coach is responsible for administering the sport in the best interest of the University, in concurrence with the policies and regulations approved by the Board of Trustees and the practices and procedures of the University administration, as well as the Cascade Collegiate Conference and National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) rules and regulations.
Primary Job Duties:
- Manages and directs all aspects of the program.
- Recruits student-athletes by following University and NAIA policies and meets University goals for roster size.
- Maintains recruiting reporting with Athletics administration in a complete and timely manner.
- Recruits and hires assistant coaches.
- Creates practice plans and executes accordingly.
- Maintains budget operations and follows expenditure procedures.
- Coordinates fundraising efforts and follows University and departmental policies.
- Coordinates team travel arrangements including reservation of vehicles, lodging, and meals with Athletics administration.
- Builds and maintains good relationships with practice facility partners.
- Monitors academic progress of student-athletes.
- Establishes public relations efforts of the program.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Coaching experience in a high school or collegiate environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written communication.
- Ability to travel during the season.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of people and commitment to diversity.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently and effectively solve problems and initiate and implement projects independently.
- Ability to multi-task with accuracy and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.