The Head Volleyball Coach is responsible for directing and supervising the operation of the volleyball program within the rules and regulations of Lamar University, the Conference and NCAA. The position requires a commitment to recruiting and graduating student-athletes, to running a program within budget guidelines, and to actively involve themselves in the community for fundraising purposes.
What You’ll Do – Position Responsibilities:
- Responsible for on court coaching during practice and competition.
- Responsible for conducting a successful recruiting program and will attempt to recruit the best students as well as athletes. Recognizes and promotes the best interest of the student-athletes both academically and athletically – encouraging each to graduate.
- Responsible for conducting a successful recruiting program and will attempt to recruit the best students as well as athletes.
- Responsible for a variety of administrative duties.
- Actively participates in fundraising and development along with the Athletics Director.
- Makes himself/herself available to the news media on appropriate occasions.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 1-3 years college volleyball coaching experience.