Reporting to the Associate Director for Athletics, this full time, 12-month contracted position is responsible for planning and implementing a conference-championship level and well-rounded Women's Volleyball program to include the physical, mental, and social development of the individual student-athletes. Start date is negotiable.
Essential Job Functions:
- Encourage and actively support academic success, persistence to graduation, and holistic student athlete development in accordance with The Redhawk Experience (TREx)
- Foster a culture of compliance throughout the women’s volleyball program.
- Effectively recruit, supervise, develop, and evaluate women’s volleyball coaching and non-coaching personnel.
- Recruit and retain high caliber student-athletes.
- Plan and implement effective practices and high functioning teaching environments, and collaborate with academic, sports medicine and strength and conditioning to support student-athlete development and well-being.
- Manage competition scheduling.
- In the event of a NCAA rules violation or suspected violation, fully cooperate with any and all investigations.
- Consistently represent the university, the Athletics department, and women’s volleyball in a highly professional manner as a community ambassador.
- A bachelor’s degree and five years of NCAA Division coaching and recruiting experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
- The ability and willingness to exercise discretion and have sound professional judgement is required. Must be an effective teacher and motivator.
- In support of the university’s mission, vision, and values, successful candidates must demonstrate a willingness to support and engage diversity, inclusion, and gender equity as a central component of anti-racist athletics participation and Jesuit education of the whole person.
- Required to complete Coaches Recruiting Certification, annually. Additionally, adult CPR/First Aid/AED certification is required and must be maintained for the entire duration of employment.