Goldey-Beacom College is accepting applications for the part-time position of Head Volleyball Coach. The holder of this position will oversee all aspects of the Goldey-Beacom College Women’s Volleyball program, including but not limited to recruiting, training, game day coaching, budget, equipment, travel, and scheduling. The holder of the position will be required to exercise independent judgment and discretion.
- Coach the Women’s Volleyball team.
- Provide recruitment of retainable student-athletes under college regulations.
- Maintain a relationship with the Academic Advisement/Financial Aid Department to keep a constant focus on players’ eligibility, and thus fulfill CACC, NCAA, and college regulations.
- Maintain a relationship with the Admissions Department to assure proper attention to potential student-athletes, and to facilitate their recruitment under CACC, NCAA, and college guidelines.
- Purchase the necessary equipment for the team gaining prior approval for all purchases.
- Be aware of volleyball budget and stay within its limitations (travel, meals, uniforms, equipment, scholarships, etc.).
- Oversee team travel including cleanliness of transportation vehicles and meal receipts.
- Assist with the scheduling of contests.
- Maintain and provide proof of current CPR and First Aid certifications.
- Maintain valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record as this position requires frequent driving.
- Comply with all NCAA or conference rules. Violation of NCAA or conference rules is prohibited and may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.