Lawrence Technological University, an NAIA Institution and Wolverine Hoosier Athletic Conference member is accepting applications for the position of head women’s volleyball coach. This position will report to the Director of Athletics.
- Evaluate, recruit, coach and mentor qualified student-athletes and prepare the team for a full intercollegiate women’s volleyball experience.
- Oversee all aspects of the women’s volleyball program operations, including, but not limited to, the development and management of all part-time, volunteer, and student assistant coaching staff.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive recruitment plan for the entire women’s volleyball staff, ensuring a robust and competitive roster from local, regional, and national landscape.
- Ensure a culture of compliance around all NAIA, WHAC, and Lawrence Technological rules and regulations and ensure all coaching staff members and student-athletes do the same.
- Oversee student-athlete academic progress, be available for consultation/support for student-athletes and direct student-athletes to the appropriate academic professionals to ensure academic success.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Three to five years of coaching experience in the collegiate setting and/or at a highly respected high school program. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work non-traditional hours, including late night and weekends.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to develop, initiate, and actively recruit, retain, and develop student-athletes.
- Commitment to work and educate inclusively with a diverse student population.
- Sound administrative and supervisory skills.